Join 3/4 imperial to 22mm copper pipe

Nick

Reply to
nick smith

Join 3/4 imperial to 22mm copper pipe.

Can I join 3/4 imperial pipe straight into to 22mm tee compression piece fitting simply by useing 3/4 imperial olive?

Finger tight then 1 complete turn with wrench should make secure join yes/no?

tia..

Reply to
Tinklemagoo

Sir

I have aways succeeded with 22mm end feed solder fittings. You have to be carefull on the 3/4 inch pipe as it needs quite a bit of solder ..

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Yes, but about 1/2 to 3/4 turn is normally OK.

Lubricate the fitting, I use a *tiny* bit of Boss White.

Don't use solder fittings, the joint is too weak to survive movement.

Reply to
Nige

I "got away" with a 22mm olive in a compresion fitting after the end fed coupler had pissed water down the back of my neck. It did tighten up more than normal as one would expect.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've just re-read this. You don't use a standard 3/4" olive (if you could still get them) you get a special 3/4" olive for a 22mm fitting.

Reply to
Nige

Solder has little strength when used as a 'filler'. There are proper end feed couplers available for 3/4 to 22mm. You might have to try a few PMs for them, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Quite.

ROFL!

Reply to
Nige

them...

Reply to
John Rumm

In article , Dave Plowman writes

Homebase between Olympia and Earls court had 12 of those in stock a few weeks ago - strange (for a shed) but true. £2.99 each.

Reply to
Andrew