Solar Panels - verifying the numbers

I'm more worried by the apparently open ended cost of public sector final salary pensions. Anything else pales into (almost) insignificance.

The government can, if things get really bad, decide not to pay this.

They can't decide not to dispose of nuclear waste left behind by a bankrupt power company

tim

Reply to
tim....

yes they can.

We have been living with the nuclear waste left by God for millenia.

A bit more is um..neither here not there. Well its there--> MOSTLY.;-)

frankly, provided its below critical mass..i.e. you ripped out the fuel rods and sorted them out for reprocessing, or ground em up and dsipersed them down some suitable mine - filling what's left with cement and leaving it is a very low cost and safe option.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But it is relevant to your response about replenishing what you take out.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Fling the bloody stuff out in space, that's what I say ! Take a container-full up in the space shuttle, then push it off in the general direction of the sun. Gravity will get it in the end. Doesn't really matter whose, as long as it's not the earth's ... :-)

Now what was that TV series called with Martin Landau and Barry Morse in it ? Space 1999 was it ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Complete and utter bollocks.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Of course ONLY truly independent experts can be believed and that excludes anyone who works for an "official" or public body or has ever received grants from an Official body ! ie all the scientific experts around .

Reply to
robert

snipped-for-privacy@u7g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...

Thereby impoverishing pensioners even further.

Ah! A lot of impoverished public sector pensioners could be gainfully employed to do the cleaning up.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Man at B&Q" saying something like:

Save in the cost of PPE and they die early.

Win-win, in my view.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

That's not a good solution. Two reasons:

(1) It's expensive to get heavy stuff into orbit.

(2) Challenger.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Yes - you should really be going the *other way*. Deep ocean trench

30,000ft deep subducted into the earth's mantle sorted.
Reply to
Tim Streater

Do you get more useful work when burning money, than was required to make it?

#Paul

Reply to
news10paul