solar/domestic actuator problem

Have a solar system, quite old and the switch between the solar/ domestic is manual and uses a Drayton Actuator model, TA/M2, when I switch it it normally reaches the limit and turns off, it has just started making a clonking noise when it reaches its limit, does this mean the actuator is worn, if so can i replace it myself and is it a simple job or can it be repaired as a search on google shows to buy one is very expensive. - thanks

Further to that and just a thought, if it has to be replaced can i fit an automated switch rather than a manual?

Reply to
les

In message , les writes

Which planet are you on then ?

Reply to
geoff

Thanks Geoff big help

Reply to
les

In message , geoff writes

Lol, took a second or two but....

Might be worth the OP trying a new motor for the valve, pretty trivial to fit providing he isolates the mains etc..

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Have sorted it, or in the process, thanks to those who replied direct

Reply to
les

Do you mind telling me how you are fixing it?

Reply to
David

Hi David Ordered a new one!! I think its something like a cog thats slipping inside, when the new one arrives will strip the old one down and let you know. I rang the manufacturers who told me how to remove it, just grab hold of the thing and pull straight towards you, its on 2 lugs. When i operate it without being in place it runs fully both ways and switches off with no clonking, hence I think its a cog when under pressure. Will repost when I strip it down

Reply to
les