soil waste help

I am trying to relocate my downstairs loo. The waste pipe is clay and set deep in concrete. Is my only option to clear enough of the concrete from around the clay pipe so that I can fit one of those rubber/clamp connectors on, or is there an addaptor that connects from external plastic pipe to internal clay pipe? Then I can just dig down deep enough to slice through the concrete and pipe and fit an addapter and elbow joint from there. Any help greatly recieved. (ps 1950's house if that makes any difference)

James

Reply to
james.ward

The internal diameter of a clay pipe seems to be 4". You can get clay-to-plastic adapters where the clay pipe has its flanged end intact. You will be knocking this off, but, for instance, the white soil pipe adapters you can get have a 4" OD and will fit into a clay pipe snugly. With a bit of silicone or whatever you're there. I have done this.

A univesal adapter with the butyl rubber fins on one end will also fit, though I'm a bit chary of burying rubber, but they all seem to do it.

Have a look on the screwfix site, or take a look in your local B&Q. When you're happy and have the new piping assembled set it in concrete, that will seal everything up whatever happens, the concrete forms a pipe in itself!

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Cheers Andy, Sent the missus out to buy some bits before B&Q closes, whilst I carry on diggin the hole!! James

Reply to
james.ward