Re: Moving a Ground Floor Toilet

it is shown on the purple pictuer to the left. Met the owner at the self build show in Brum and he explained it to me which is how I know.

Cheers Jonathan

Reply to
jonathan

Thanks Jonathan,

Unfortunatley i don't even have room for one of these space saving connectors! I've resigned myself to using the existing connection and building a cabinet out behind the toilet, either this or building a 5" step to sit the pan on. I really don't like the idea of taking a grinder to the ceramic pipe.

Cheers Paul

Reply to
Paul Jackson

Hi Paul,

I had to do exactly this. The glazed clay pipe came out of the concrete slab and rose through the void of the suspended floor. The new wc had a concealed cistern and was much nearer the wall than the original.

Took up plenty of floor boards to get an angle grinder in below floor level and cut round as much of the pipe as possible (about two thirds) scored the rest using a tile saw blade in a hacksaw. A sharp blow on the top of the pipe with the hand and it snapped off clean.

If you have enough pipe exposed above slab level then the ideal way is to fit a rubber collar to convert from clay to PVC then site the pan outlet to suit. My guess is, you will find is that this is not possible, due to lack of space.

What I did was to use a finned push fit flexible pan connector into the clay pipe below floor level, which then rose out through the floor straight onto the wc spigot. This was ok for a concealed cistern as the back of the loo was all boxed in.

Whatever connection you make will be below ground and not easily accessible. You must make sure that it is firmly secured to the clay pipe.

I cut the clay pipe just above a socket, so was able to secure the finned connector firmly to the clay pipe using heavy gauge cable ties.

Bill

Reply to
BillP