Sockets in bathrooms?

I had that in my previous flat, including the bonding to the plumbing system. .

Some time ago (in another group), someone tried to argue that it was dangerous to attach the metal body of an appliance to earth. I never did follow the logic of that.

Reply to
Scott

If you put your house on the market, everything you've ever done presents an issue. As well as everything you've not done, and everything that anybody else has ever done.

Reply to
Algernon Goss-Custard

But more so if it is visible and a clear breach of some requirement.

Reply to
Scott

no doubt

Reply to
Jim gm4dhj ...

the 1959/70 Building scotland act

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

ARW

40ms is the minimum trip time for a RCD at 5 times or greater than it's rated trip current.

At it's rated trip current the maximum trip time is 300ms.

Reply to
ARW

A lot of people seem to think that an RCD limits the current to 30mA. It doesn't. It only limits the duration, so a shock that is terminated by an RCD tripping can still be a very unpleasant experience.

John

Reply to
John Walliker

And TV studios for feeding electric guitars, etc. You could never be sure of the state they were in. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

FFS. How much would it cost to remove and blank off safely?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I did say 'could'.

Reply to
Scott

Turns out a lot of those isolation transformers weren't actually isolating. DAMHIKT.

Reply to
Animal

But can it be fatal, which is the point we are currently debating (pun intended)?

Reply to
Scott

Every bathroom in Spain that I have been in has at least one socket for Hair Dryer etc. My builder asked "one or two" when re-fitting.

How many die in Spain from electrocution?

Reply to
David Wade

Probably as many as get gored to death by bulls. Here we die of bullshit.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Same in Denmark.

Reply to