Socket not quite flush to wall - need to fill gap

I've got a double mains socket that's mounted on a metal backbox and because the backbox is not quite deep enough the socket isn't flush with the wall.

I need some kind of plastic "frame" designed to fit the socket to fill the gap - does such a thing exist as I can't seem to find any but I'm not sure what search terms would find it?

Thanks

Reply to
Murmansk

Yes - spacers exist in 10mm (and some other depth) which are designed for this problem.

You may need to do a bit of googling - they are not massively common, but you can buy them (I've seem them online).

Reply to
Tim Watts

Are any of these what you want?

Chris Hogg

It's called a trunking mounting frame spacer used one at the weekend to push out a switched FCU in order to run some mini trunking up to it neatly.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

That looks like it would sit on the front of the box. The OP would need something which would act as a sleeve round the box.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

He didn't say that the back-box was proud of the wall, but that it wasn't deep enough - which I took to mean that the socket was bottoming in the box. If that is correct, that spacer should be ok.

Reply to
Roger Mills

That's it :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Thanks all, this looks like it but might not fit my Mk socket perfectly although it is 10mm rather than 20mm so right depth as I only need about 5mm!

Murmansk

After seeing the subject line "Socket not quite flush to wall - need to fill gap" I'd mistakenly taken "the backbox is not quite deep enough" to mean that it hadn't been sunk deep enough and that it was projecting beyond the wall surface leaving a gap between the socket and the wall.

Reply to
Mike Clarke