Socket Nightmare

I have two 4-way strips behind my TV, one plugged into each of a double socket. One strip is for items that can be powered off, the other not.

Reply to
Huge

Can you get heat proof sockets for there? ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I wish there was a small and reasonably priced plug in and out splitter system for all these low power consumption things. The closest was those

4,6 and eight way units based on a form of IEC connector. I realise it means hacking off the mains plugs and replacing with whatever - and that it's no use for wall warts. But could save a deal of space for those Hi-Fi components that take very little current.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Would it be feasible for manufacturers to fit loop in and out mains connectors to join equipment together?

Reply to
PJ

Plenty of amps used to fit switched aux mains outlets. As did desk top computers. But they seem to have fallen foul of some reg or another. Or maybe just the bean counters.

Quad at one time did provide a daisy chain mains system using US style 2 pin plugs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My Sony amp has got mains out, but the connector is either a US 3 pin, or a bastard version of an FM 300-ohm aerial connector.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Fri, 25 May 2007 12:35:18 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)" mused:

I've made things like that before but non of it is particularly standard, it's loads easier to just do as I usually do now and hang a

4\6 gang lead on the back of the TV and plug everything into it. If the TV is on a stand then you only have 1 lead going from it and everything looks tidy, unless you look closely.

It wouldn't take much to build something into most devices, IEC in and out rather than a lead and plug on each. You could even build seperate outlets into a TV for things that can be turned off when the TV is put into standby and things that can't.

Reply to
Lurch