Soaking Hinges in Radox

Anyone else see these two letters in the Times.

The idea of relieving aching joints by applying WD-40 (letters, Feb 2 and 9) prompts me to tell you that I have been soaking rusty hinges in a bath of Radox for years.

May I suggest to your correspondent who has been soaking rusty hinges in a bath of Radox for years (letter, 12 Feb) that it's about time he got around to removing them. If the treatment hasn=92t worked by now, it never will.

does radox help with seized parts?

Reply to
Tim Decker

I assumed the the first letter was from someone jokingly referring to their joints as "rusty hinges" and the second letter was from someone who missed the analogy and assumed they were soaking real hinges.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

No... the second letter-writer was obviously in on the joke too...

David

Reply to
Lobster