So much for no more boilers!

This was new build (very well insulated) and underfloor piping. I don't know what was planned for DHW.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

DHW is generally, in all but a small flat, fairly insignificant compared with space heating.

Immersion heater suffices

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You mean he should have installed a tiny nuke to provide energy for his house?

Reply to
Tim Streater

If they're connected to the mains, they're already using reliable nuclear volts and gas to backup their own and other unreliable systems. So what was your point again?

Reply to
Tim Streater

When I had my new mancave built I allocated 2m square to hold the oil tank. It's in its own fireproofed room. It confuses all the delivery drivers no end!

Keeping it in the dark I hope will help tank life, and it must be a lot harder to steal from.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris