Snapped earth behind socket, options?

I wonder if you might be making the mistake of thinking there must be a good sensible reason for regulations. If there is one for insulating the CPC, it's a mystery to me.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Careless paging of the conductors when fitting a socket, etc? Although we manage OK without for many years.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I don't know what that means.

Reply to
tabbypurr

There is no benefit to insulating its full length in the cable that I can see, but there are sound reasons for insulating it at the point of use. Otherwise there is a real risk that when dressing wires into an enclosure the CPC will make contact with live or neutral. The former is annoying but relatively easy to fix, the latter creating a latent fault that may be lurking and causing grief for years.

Reply to
John Rumm

Not much on an earth wire?

Reply to
Jimk

slightly polish the end of copper to make sure clean and solder on same c/s area piece of copper wire with around 30mm overlap, then sleeve it.

Reply to
rick