"Snackmasters" - Ch4

Not since it was Roundtrees Nestle (remember how we used to pronounce it) must have introduced more "secure" machines.

I reckon

Reply to
Graham.

Anyone catch this ? The DIY connection is the contestants (top chefs) have to try to create a classic snack food.

Just seen S1E1, about the KitKat, and was interested to hear the "yeast" secret of the wafer, and the recycling of failed KitKats into the filling ...

Jethro_uk

Not had a failed kitkat (with a solid chocolate finger, missing the wafer) for years ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

That wouldn't really be a /failed/ KitKat though.

Just a bit different from the normal ones, like a 3-legged cat.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

No, more of a bonus ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

We used to caramel wafers as kids, though the M&S own brand version. I generally nibbled the chocolate off first, and was intrigued to find the wafers embossed "Gray Dunn", so fairly confident we were eating genuine Blue Riband.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Have a break, have a quick crap?

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

Were they the ones with "chocolate flavour" coating instead of real chocolate?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Tunnocks for me. And cost less from Aldi!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Was this a US show? Sounds like a US title to me. So what next one wonders? Best lawn competitions? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No idea if it's an original concept, but it's UK made. Mildly entertaining, but it does highlight how somethings aren't quite as easy as you'd think.

Surprised no one commented on the small angle grinder they used to try to make the waffle pattern :)

Reply to
Jethro_uk