Smoke (and other) Alarms - best suppliers of compatible ranges?

However I can't find any of the above numbers (or anything like them) on the CPC web site.

Reply to
usenet

I fitted Kidde Fyrnetics types. They have each type available. The pattresses are optional and allow all the cabling to be installed and tested before the alarms are fitted. They are not necessary and quite ugly for residential property. They also provide a relay module, which I've connected up to the fire circuit on my intruder alarm. For some reason, they provide it within one of the ugly pattresses, but the module itself is small and seems equally happy housed within an enclosure next to the alarm panel in the understairs cupboard.

I don't remember seeing these. I think it is best to separate light and smoke detectors, though.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

They're not easy to find - which is why I looked up the numbers for you!

Type them into the Search box..

Reply to
Bob Eager

I did exactly that and got nothing. I also tried the advanced search and still got nothing. Searching for Firex doesn't show anything either.

Reply to
usenet

Since I did my order they have a new catalogue and it looks as if the numbers are more 'usual' ones (in the CPC style)...

SR00837 - pattress SR00840 - ionisation SR00842 - smoke SR01487 - heat

Reply to
Bob Eager

Aha, thanks. I'd actually found them but since the web site doesn't indicate that the alarms are Firex ones it's not clear that the pattress (which is branded Firex) goes with the alarms. Now at least I know which bits go together.

Reply to
usenet

I had to go and look in the catalogue to check the heat one, since there is no picture! The new website ('real soon now') may well be better.

Get a catalogue...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Do you connect to NO or NC contacts on panel as matter of interest.

Reply to
Gel

They are like a normal battery alarm. i.e. quite sensible.

Reply to
Mike

I've glued them down as it was easiest to do.

Odd how a fire alarm connection could come loose but one to a lightbulb doesn't :-)

Reply to
Mike

All part of the increasing UK Nanny State! No doubt in future we'll also be told to only do work, when wearing safety boots/safety gloves/safety glasses etc etc!

Reply to
Gel

Extra depth is 20mm.

Reply to
Gel

The ones I got from TLC are only 5mm more than the battery ones they replaced.

Reply to
Mike

They are break connection to alarm (i.e. NC), like the intruder sensors. The relay module has NC and NO contacts, so this is not an issue.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle