Smoke Alarms and Energy Saver Bulbs - Interference??

Hi all

I have started installing linked smoke/heat detectors and noticed in the instructions that fluorescent fittings must be avoided by upto 1m IIRC. Elsewhere, a minimum distance of 300mm is quoted from light fittings in general. So I positioned my detectors away from the household light fittings by the

300mm in the most appropriate places.

Last night it dawned on me that we have replaced a lot of bulbs with energy savers and that these may have a similar disruptive effect. Anyone got the inside track on this one?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Kidde's instructions say "Do not site near fluorescent lights; electronic noise may cause nuisance alarms".

So, if you aren't getting nuisance alarms, I wouldn't worry about it. They don't give a 1m warning, either. I suspect they are more worried about ancient non-electronic ballast type tube fittings, really.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle