Small wire cutters/snippers - recommendations?

I wish. 15th birthday!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Turned up today and they certainly look like the real thing.

The hinge has changed from my ancient ones, but they do look like the ones on the web site at

I have a pair of 7190 snips.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

I have these,same era, handed down from my grandfather. SUPERB

Reply to
mcowsill

I just managed to buy a new pair of Maun cutters from the shop where I bought my first tools 51 years ago. Still going strong in Brighton, now run by 5th generation of the family (started around 1910).

Reply to
Bob Eager
2016 eh, well not as old as some threads we see continued on here. Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff

Lindstrom ones I have have plastic sleaved handles with little springs pushed in the ends to keep the jaws apart, a device I find intensely irritating! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes- when the plastic sleeves wear with use, the spring strips slip out of mesh.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

IIRC (long time ago) the issue was something to do with the springs.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David