slowing up Lidl's quick drying cement

Novice has just bought some of the 'quick drying' cement from Lidl a few days ago to fix an outside tile to a window sill.

I've got lots left over so will use it on some other jobs, but it begins to set in just three minutes which is just far too quick for me.

Is there any way I can slow up the rate at which it sets? Also what roughly would be the shelf life before it's properties begin to deteriorate once it's opened? Thanks.

Reply to
john royce