Slow microwave ovens

Only because treehugging EU morons try to stop them.

Just think about it for a minute, they're actually trying to cut the amount of power used by something which you have running for about 0.001% of the day. It's as stupid as hosepipe bans, when we all know that 95% of water is consumed by industry, not domestic supplies.

I prefer my hoover to actually do it's job, not take twice as long using half the power, which er.... comes to the same amount of energy! Doh!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

For once you're right. I got an EU legal 700w Dyson for reasons that had nothing to do with the EU. It's not a patch on the high power Dysons performance wise. Having less suck also means it's prone to block. And yes, it takes longer than a 1400w Dyson.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

What were the reasons? And why have you withheld them?

The other mistake you made is buying a Dyson. They're British made, which means they fall apart regularly, just like Rovers and Jaguars. I actually have 5 Dysons - people give them away regularly on freecycle with one part broken. Thus I can swap the parts around and get a working one (for about 6 months, then I need to swap more dodgy piece of shit parts). Strangely, there is one British firm which makes things that last - Vax. I have one that's 30 years old and still working perfectly. I'm getting tired of constantly repairing the Dysons and may burn them in an effigy of their twisted in the head designer.

And on the subject of blocking, that's because Dysons are stupidly designed, with daft triangular shaped tubes with sharp right angle bends where lint and stuff gets clogged up. They even admit they're prone to clogging, having so many access points to clear the clogs, with diagrams on the label on the machine - which you need a f****ng screwdriver to open!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

How do you account for Numatic, then? (Henry, George...)

Reply to
Bob Eager

(piggy-backing here, as I don't see his posts unless someone responds to them)

I believe that Dysons are no longer British-made... Although - I still have a British-made DC-02, bought about 21 years ago, and it's still working well. I have replaced the belt once or twice.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Probably made in Japan.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

So your killfile doesn't work properly then.

Maybe they learned their lesson when 50% of them got sent back under warranty....

Oh dear. A vacuum is a simple device that shouldn't break twice in 20 years.

Hang on, BELT?! Your vacuum is held together with a rubber band?!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Commander Kinsey wrote on 3/01/2019 3:51 AM:

Gee, you've got to read the small print, don't you??

That ad for a pizza quotes "Each (ovenbaked) 1/2 pizza contains" and cites assorted Energy/Fats/Saturates/Sugars/Salt ratings.

Note "1/2 pizza", relying on us sharing it with our nearest and dearest!!

Here in Australia, you can pick up these pre-cooked pizza from your local Supermarkets, but they can taste a bit bland/cardboardy. Or you can pick-up/Home delivered from your favourite local Pizzeria. Or you buy the makings and prepare your own ... even buying your very own Pizza Oven ... if you're that determined!!

Reply to
Daniel60

No wonder you don't have a job. The cooking instructions in your link are to oven cook from frozen. None are given for a microwave. You are utterly brainless.

Reply to
Fredxx

No, an utterly brainless person would think "I can't microwave that". The pizza is ALREADY COOKED. All I do is warm it up to the desired eating temperature.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Only an utterly brainless person who has never cooked pizza before would say that.

How old are? Can you read cooking instructions?

Reply to
Fredxx

Why do you continue to remove the newsgroups from the crosspost? Is this your first time on the internet? What do you think will happen when you post that comment? Think of the people who are in one of the groups other than alt.home.repair. They won't see it. You're wasting your time. You're splitting the conversation into several sections and making a thorough mess. Go read "Dummies Guide to the Internet".

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What part of "ALREADY COOKED" didn't you understand?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The link you gave does not say already cooked. Are you illiterate?

Reply to
Fredxx

You're the troll here. I can see I crosspost to 4 groups.

You must be new here or a troll if you are unaware excessive crossposting is against netiquette. I suspect you are too illiterate to read any book for dummies.

Reply to
Fredxx

I've got one in front of me, it's cooked.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It would seem you are. The first line, the nutrition part, says "Each (ovenbaked) 1/2 pizza contains". Look at the word in brackets. OVENBAKED. That means it's ALREADY BAKED.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If crossposting was wrong it wouldn't be available dumbass.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It actually means that that's the nutritional breakdown AFTER it has been oven baked by the purchaser.

Reply to
Steven

Well I eat them a few times a week, and they're certainly cooked after microwaving. Anything can go in a microwave, don't believe the shit on the label.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey