slate chippings for driveway

On 07/08/2014 11:06, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: ...

The authority on this seems to suggest that 14mm is readily available:

I have 20mm limestone chippings on large areas of my garden and have no problem walking on it in shoes or slippers. OTOH, much larger cobbles, set in concrete, are often used in public areas to discourage people from walking in certain places.

Reply to
Nightjar

A flat cap and pit boots.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

You really don't want to use limestone chippings to park cars on. It is too soft, and eventually gets crushed into a messy sludge.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew