Sky question

Yes I know there's a way round it, which I use. But them charging you for watching ITV live on a normal TV is wrong, as the license fee pays the BBC, not ITV. ITV should get an equal portion of the fee.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

If you have that then the BBC should get an equal portion of ITV (and all the other commercial channels) advertising revenue.

You pay an awful lot more for ITV and all the other commercial channels than you pay for the BBC.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

No, because BBC don't have adverts. The adverts pay for the channel that they are on. Any license should pay for all channels that you have to have the license to watch.

I pay nothing to ITV.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Directly, that is true; but indirectly if you purchase anything from a company that advertise on ITV.

Reply to
charles

If you still have an old blue Sky card and it was set for recording, it will still record FTA progs on a Sky HD box

Reply to
sintv

But I have the choice. I can not watch ITV ever, and pay nothing to them at all. BUT.... if I watch only ITV, I pay money to the BBC. That is THEFT. It's like me shopping at Asda and paying Tesco a fee.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

No you are paying for ITV and all the other commercial channels all the time, no choice, watch them or not. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that 5 to 10% of the self ticket price is advertising, it'll vary of course.

Only if you "watch as it is broadcast". As you know and take advantage of.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Bullshit, I have the choice to buy what I want= on the shelves.

But most don't. And also there must be plenty who only watch Sky channels as they are broadcast, pay for them in Sky subs and advertising, yet also are required to pay the BBC for not doing anything at all.

Reply to
Uncle Peter