Skirting board problem

A rather poor carpenter has made a mess of skirting board in my house. I'd like to remove a bit of it and replace it with some of my own - cut properly this time. Fairly straightforward except that the stuff hs been glued on to the wall. It's a plasterboarded wall as well which makes it a little more difficult as I'm sure I'm going to make a mess in getting it off. How do I get the stuff off with minimal damage?

Thanks

Reply to
John

Sharpen a paint scraper (on a whet stone, with a file etc) and slide it down the back of the skirting. You will probably damage the paper surface of the plasterboard, or the plaster if it is plastered, but not enough to worry (disclaimer included here in case the skim falls off). Screw the new bit on, or if glueing again, PVA any bare plaster first. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson