Sink Taps!

Assembling the new tails was easy enough. As you say, they just need to be hand tight. But to get them out, you need to grip something and that is the problem.

Had the 'flats' on the nut on the stud been of decent quality/not rounded, a tube spanner may have done the job, but even that slipped. In the end, with the sink out, I was able to remove the stud.

Reply to
Brian Reay

see?... nobody is interested...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

The last one I did at a friends static caravan was a casualty of frost...the mixer casting was cracked and sprayed all over the van.........

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

you should have just cut the solid hot and cold copper supply pipes and fitted new flexable ones to refit once you had used a box spanner to remove the nut fixing the mixer to the sink......in fact you should have fitted a new mixer which usually come supplied with short flexable braided tap connectors....would have saved you removing the sink top.........or you should just have got a man in ......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...