Sink earthing

Who's a lucky boy then?

Reply to
Lobster

Good. For the satisfaction of my curiousity (and those of others following the thread, I expect) - what was the fault in the socket? Was it some rare, generally-unlikely internal fault which meant that the incoming earth wires were well attached to the E terminal in the socket, but the connection wasn't being made to the plug's E pin?

Or was it something much simpler - loose or simply missing connection to the E terminal of the socket, or maybe incoming E fixed not to socket but to the terminal in the back box (which if the socket's plastic, gives you no earth connection to the socket itself)?

Enquiring minds wanna know... and are glad you're no longer getting shocks, by the way.

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

We want to know !!!! We want to know !!!!!! Everybody now !!!!! We want to know !!!!! We want to know !!!!

( LOL !!! Couldn't resist the voices in my head again. :-) )

Reply to
BigWallop

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 19:57:48 GMT, "BigWallop" strung together this:

Erm, yes.....

Reply to
Lurch

And removing the existing green wires and having plastic pipework would mean that there would be no shock at all. (Although the dishwasher clearly needs fixing).

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

But wobbly taps. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

was it a Xmas present ?

Reply to
Rick Hughes

"Rick Hughes" wrote | "Lurch" wrote | > OK then. I've got a ring. | was it a Xmas present ?

Can you take it back and ask for a refund saying "I only washed it once and it's stretched"

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:21:38 -0000, "Owain" strung together this:

I know someone who tried that, apparently, "it looked like it had been intentionally stretched" so they said no.

Reply to
Lurch