Single Flush Syphon repair or replace.

Hi

Noticed some water leaking from under the cistern when I flushed the loo today.

Took it all apart and there seemed to be a lot of limescale around the conical white rubber seal that is clamped by a large white plastic nut under the cistern. This is the seal where the internal siphon connects to the 90 degree tube that then connects to the back of the pan.

The rubber seal has gone a hard with age, so the original profile is no longer obvious. When new it was flat uppermost where it presses up under the threaded outlet under the cistern, and tapered downwards where is engages with a 45 degree angle inside the plastic compression nut.

I haven't be out to see if I can get these washers on their own so I might just change the whole siphon unit, and this is confusing. Toolstation have three or four that might fit, one has an adjustable section, but an Opella dual flush fitting comes in four sizes, 7.5, 8, 9 and 9.5 inches.

My question is what are these inch measurements made ?. Is it the height, if so measured from where to where ?.

has anyone replaced the conical seal with a normal O ring successfully ?.

Regards

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew