Sime boiler clock/timer

Hi all,

The clock in my Sime Friendly boiler seems to be dying. It stops after a certain period of operation, giving a firm whack seems to start it for a while again (I found this out by taking the cover off; when removed the cover hit the surrounding casing which caused a bang and started the timer!). Clearly this is not a satisfactory situation.

My first thought was just that a battery was going in it or something, but reading this newsgroup suggests there's no such thing (no mention of it) or at best just a backup battery. It could be that the last time the boiler was serviced, a year and a half ago, the mains wasn't attached back to the boiler properly, but that was a while ago and I doubt a "backup" battery will go on that long.

Will I need to replace the entire clock unit?

Dan

Reply to
Dan Gravell