Silverware - curiosity question

SWMBO + No 1 daughter had a day starting to clear down our attic a bit

- thoroughly enjoyed themselves finding all sorts of bits and pieces that had been put up there some time back from two house clearances.

One thing they found I really like are 6 rather fine silver inlaid liqueur glasses - something really nice to have on display, and to drink sloe gin out of. One thing that pricked my curiosity is that the silver glass interface looks like a white cement like material - anyone any idea what this is. Just curious.

The downside of this task is that various things need repair, cleaning, taking to the dump, etc. which is of course where yours- truly comes in !

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Is it definitely there on purpose, or could it be years of brasso/silvo that's accumulated in crevices?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Groan. SWMBO has decided that he loft needs to be emptyed. Much work for yours truly :-(

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You're complaining about a plentiful supply of work? She /is/ paying the standard 25 UKP/hour isn't she?

Reply to
Martin Bonner