Sign

BTW, is it upside down? The water marks from the screws would indicate so.

Reply to
Huge

T for Tens as in tension of the heavy kind?

I recall once having a tape recorder made in the Czech republic. Apart from the engineering being crap, the din sockets on the rear panel had some very odd signs against them embossed on the plasstic. From memory the screws had a circle with an upside down t and an exclamation mark beside them. the din for microphone seemed to me to be a tiny face with a zig zag line and a mouth like an O. I never did understand them. I'm sure if you were Czech it was obvious. It was made by Tesla, no not the inventor the excuse for a company bearing his name that exported to the world and most of the devices fell apart in a year. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

TUNGSTEN IS W YOU DOLT.

Reply to
Simon Mason

Inverting it and re-running the Google image search is no help, BTW.

Reply to
Huge

Then I lean even more to the poster who suggested 'pressurised telecommunications duct'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I found a shape similar to the one attached to the T:

It's a solid state fuse to protect Telecoms lines.

Reply to
Dave W

For kicks, I redrew the thing in an art package and ran that. Nothing.

Secret society meeting point.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Looks relatively antique, or foreign, to me: very unusual indeed for signs in the UK to use a serif font.

That's the cabinet we can see, I presume, behind the sign: galvanised metal?

BTW: I presume this is a genuine "What is this" question, not a "Guess what this is" question! :-)

J.

Reply to
Another John

For a chemist, perhaps not an electrician.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

It is Russian.

Simon Mason

No It is fixed that way up.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

If there was a petition for these dogs to be held and killed humanely I would happily sign it. I'm sure many Hindus would respect our wish to eat beef but would want the animal held and killed humanely.

I'm wondering if you would respect the Hindus wish and refrain from eating beef? Or do you believe your morals are of greater value that those of others?

Reply to
Fredxx

Time you became a vegan I think.

Reply to
dennis

Hindus. Hmm They had suttee and thugee.

Yep, I think our morals are ahead of theirs.

Reply to
harry

We used to burn witches and carry out a number of unsavoury practices a millennia or so ago.

Are you suggesting all our prison inmates convicted for thuggery are innocent? Have you not heard of highway robbery in the past in the UK? Are you really so blinkered?

Are you suggesting that the killing of wives is limited to Hindus?

You can only struggle to do so. Linking your power of thought and morals is an oxymoron.

Would you still eat beef when others rather you didn't? Are you blind to your own hypocrisy when you push your morals onto others regarding eating dogs?

Reply to
Fredxx

They eat horses in France. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

OMG, ssshh - don't tell Jim or he'll go searching for a petition to sign.

Reply to
Fredxx

As are dogs.

Reply to
Fredxx

Yours aren't!

Reply to
dennis

So are dogs, Eskimos eat them.

People eat guinea pigs too, I bet they are tasty.

Reply to
dennis