Plumbers challenge

Can anyone tell me the purpose of this bit of plumbing installed in a kitchen cupboard of a National Trust cottage we rented?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/File%2018-01-2017%2C%2014%2041%2019.jpeg
Mike

It's certainly very impressive.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

It makes the water go round and round until it gets dizzy.
On 1/18/2017 2:46 PM, Tim Streater wrote:

DIY version of one of these?
https://www.alivewater.com/store/whole-house-models
(to pinch Tim's Russ Andrews post).
I guess the plumber was grateful for push-fit!
On 18/01/2017 15:10, newshound wrote:

Looks like crimped not push fit.
--
Adam

ARW wrote:

Probably the expensive Rothenberger kit as in the "Impressive toys for jobs" thread.
On 21/01/2017 16:48, Andy Burns wrote:

It does the job:-)
--
Adam

No, no, no:
It makes the water go round and round in order to heat it up
Since I cannot see it and only going from the descriptions here I could caption the photo. Damn who nicked the cold fusion water heater it goes in the middle. Brian
--
----- -

The ultego III smart is a compact heat meter for the accurate recording of energy consumption. The device comprises a flow sensor, two fixed connected temperature sensors and a calculator that calculates energy consumption using the volume and temperature difference.
http://tinyurl.com/hqzt6z5
I guess the cat's cradle of pipework is all part of it.
--

Chris

Muddymike wrote:

Measuring the amount of heat "consumed" within the cottage, might it be connected to a communal system serving several properties, or where the cottage piggy-backs onto a neighbouring property so it no longer has its own boiler?
Is the black box a plate heat exchanger?
Looks like a blending valve in there too?
On 18/01/2017 15:10, Andy Burns wrote:

National Trust have been fitting "communal" ground source heat pumps to supply some of their cottages so could be part of that
--
Robin
On Wednesday, 18 January 2017 14:44:36 UTC, Muddymike wrote:

communal heating system and heat metering:
The ultego III smart is a compact heat meter for the accurate recording of energy consumption. The device comprises a flow sensor, two fixed connected temperature sensors and a calculator that calculates energy consumption us ing the volume and temperature difference.
http://www.ribaproductselector.com/heat-meters-ista-ultego-iii-smart-techni cal-details/27896/col266646/download.aspx
Owain
On Wednesday, 18 January 2017 14:44:36 UTC, Muddymike wrote:

What are the fittings that look like a combined gate/double drain valve? Never seen anything like that.
On Wednesday, 18 January 2017 17:11:01 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@airsource.co.uk wrote:

Answering my own question, looks like a manual balancing valve
http://products.danfoss.co.uk/productrange/documents/heatingsolutions/balancing-valves/manual-balancing-valves/msv-bd/#/
snipped-for-privacy@airsource.co.uk wrote:

Balancing valves, apparently, I've not seen them before
<http://www.imi-hydronic.com/en/products-solutions/balancing-and-control/balancing-valves/balancing-valves/
On Wednesday, 18 January 2017 14:44:36 UTC, Muddymike wrote:

Possibly to do with dosing an off mains water supply with chlorine.
On Wednesday, 18 January 2017 18:17:29 UTC, harry wrote:

Possibly to do with dosing an off mains water supply with chlorine.
Is the water stored in a tanK?
On 18/01/2017 14:44, Muddymike wrote:

Heat meter, used to charge for heating from a central source or to monitor solar heating, etc.
On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 22:29:58 +0000, dennis@home

in a

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/File%2018-01-2017%2C%2014% 2041%2019.jpeg

Waste heat from power stations you mean? I thought the idea of that is that it's free, or at least unmetered. They'll be metering the air we breathe next.
--
Max Demian