Showers and tiling

I'm doing my en-suite and it's time to tile. Is it best to put the tiles behind the shower tray or put the shower tray flush to the wall and then tile from the shower tray - if you see what I mean. My gut feeling is to put the shower tray against the wall and tile up from there but (as with so many of my gut feelings) this may not work out best.

Advice please?

Thanks

Reply to
John Kelly

Fit shower tray close to wall. Use one of those L shaped seal strips from the sheds to seal between the tray and the wall, then tile down over the vertical bit.

Reply to
Newshound

Just bought a new walk-in shower from b&q and it suggests building out the wall so that it is flush with the inside edge of the tray and then tiling into the tray, sealing the bottom edge of the tile against the bottom of the shower tray. Just another idea...

Graham

Reply to
Graham Tavener

Thanks folks.