Shower/Washing machine discharge

Hi all, I live in a flat, and around two years ago had the small bath removed and a shower, and washing machine point installed in its place.

But one or both is causing the waste pipe to block, I have used "sink unblocker" (Jeyes) before, but it will not shift it this time.

I suspect the waste pipe should have been bigger,it seems to be 1 1/4 outside size. To change it would be a big job because the washing machine was installed into a corner then the shower cubical built alongside it on a platform with the pipe underneath.

Are there other chemical products I could try ? Thanks for any help, Mick.

Reply to
Mick Cant

Caustic soda crystals dissolved in water, but ideally you need to block the outlet so that the caustic soda solution is in contact with the gunge for several hours so it has time to dissolve the blockage. A really bad blockage will benefit from over-night or all-day treatment.

Reply to
DIY

meow2222

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 10:11:46 +0100, "Mick Cant" mused:

I'd replace the incorrectly sized pipe if it were mine.

Reply to
Lurch