Need to understand

Whats the Primary and Secondry stuff mean as I have changed to normal standard meter and never had to understand all this because of a prepay meter?

Don't worry about the bill amount as this is carried on from another part of the bill,but I'll have to have words with them over that as It was prepayment charge and it looks as though they have billed me for what I've already paid through the prepayment meter previously.

Thanks.

Readings

Meter number G4A05713620405

Previous 0 read by us on 29 January 2007

Mid period 116 read by you on 1 March 2007

Difference 116 units with multiplier value 1

conversion value 1.02264, calorific value 39.28966

Converted into 1295 kWh (kilowatt-hours) used

Mid period 116 read by you on 1 March 2007

Current 196 estimated on 28 March 2007

Difference 80 units with multiplier value 1

conversion value 1.02264, calorific value 39.03077

Converted into 887 kWh (kilowatt-hours) used

Charges

Gas primary units used 727 kWh at 3.559p each 25.87

Gas secondary units used 1455 kWh at 2.83p each 41.18

Total gas charges = 132.52

Reply to
George

My understanding is that primary and secondary units refers to the tariff charged, in effect a two-tier tariff. They are selling you the first X number of units at 3.559p each, after which the tariff drops to 2.83p for each unit used.

Reply to
DIY

Looking at it from this distance it would seem to be a gas bill.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Take your head from up your arse - things may appear more clearly.

Reply to
judy

I thank you kind sir.

Your everloving George

Reply to
George

Wouldn't worry about it madame, its stuck so far up even a surgeon would have trouble removing it.

Thank you Missus. :-)

Reply to
George

Steady on George, we hardly know each other!

Reply to
DIY

The primary rate is charged for a fixed number of units each quater and was introduced to replace the standing charge. Subsequent units are charged at the secondary rate.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Heh!