Shower Screen - Using Gripfil

Hi

I am a good DIYer, but I want to run an idea past you guys. I have porcelain tiles in the bathroom, and they are nearly impossible to drill. I have used a =A320 drill bit from screwfix which manages is just about, but still takes say 30 mins to drill 1 hole!

I have need the rail for the shower screen to be screwed to the wall, but have only managed to drill 2 holes (out of 6). I was contemplating using Gripfil or similar to attach it. Bear in mind the bottom edge of the screen will rest on the bath, I do not intend opening, so could run sealant along the bottom edge too.

Am I going to have a terrible broken screen?

Reply to
David P

I don't think Gripfill is 'waterproof' ? (the green tube stuff anyway)?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Ah, I better think about that then!

Reply to
David P

You can buy waterproof constuction adhesive

've used this particular brand and its bright blue. which may not suit but I'm sure there are others.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If you have two holes drilled, then hat would be enough to supplement the sticky stuff. If Gripfill isn't waterproof there are alternatives, eg I've used Sikaflex EBT to fit an edging to the step of a wetroom.

<

DJC

If the rail is going to obscure the bit of wall it is attached to, you could simply cut a small slot through the tiles by plunging in a small diamond disc on an angle grinder. Then insert screws and plugs as normal into the wall behind through your newly created slot!

(you may need two adjacent slots to get the width for the screw).

Reply to
John Rumm

That cound be the best solution, I'll try it on a 'test' tile.

Reply to
David P