Shower pump not working

Morning everyone

I have a pump connected to the hot water tank in my basement to serve the shower in my ground floor flat. This morning the shower stopped abruptly after about 5 seconds. I turned it off, left it a couple of minutes, then tried again. This time the water flow lasted about a second and a half before I heard a "clack" sound in the system/pipes and the shower stopped. Thinking it could be a hot water issue, I put the shower on its coldest setting and tried again - but with the same results. Has anyone any experience in this?

Any ideas/advice etc would be gratefully received.

Many thanks for reading,

Guy

Reply to
guy.parsons

Is there a feed of hot and *cold* to the mixer valve? If one is missing they often shut off the other to prevent scalding (or a cold shower!).

Reply to
<me9

There is also a flow sensing device on the hot and cold outlets on mine. Once you open the shower tap, a small unpumped flow is detected which switches the pump on. You can adjust the sensitivity of these devices.

I also once had difficulty because there was an air lock in the system.

Reply to
andyv

This is all very kind - thanks ever so much

Reply to
guy.parsons