Shower mixer problem

We have a "Bristan Pisa" shower mixer which has suddenly decided to output water at a much higher temperature than usual - uncomfortably so.

The unit was fitted at the time of building the house, and I've never seen a manual or any documentation for it.

Does anyone know if this unit has some sort of internal adjustment for the range of output temperatures? I'm wondering if something could have slipped inside the control knobs which would mess up this setting.

Alternatively, can anyone think of anything else that might have an effect? My understanding was that this unit is thermostatically-controlled, so even if the hot water input temperature increased for some reason (seems unlikely), the output temperature would remain constant.

Reply to
Eddie

Are you in a hard water area. Thermostats are pretty delicate and soon get jammed up by limescale.

rusty

Reply to
Rusty

The water's a little hard, but I don't think it's really bad.

I emailed Bristan with the details of the problem, asking for suggestions, and they think I need a new thermostatic cartridge, which they'll post to me free under warranty - I haven't had to provide receipts, installation details or anything. Three cheers for good customer service.

Reply to
Eddie