Mira Element shower mixer query

My daughter's new shower mixer is a simple single dial control for temperature control with no separate flow control.

It's run from a combi which produces adequate flow but to my mind, just a degree or two off being as hot as I'd like.

I downloaded the manual and found that the upper temperature limit of the thermostatic mixer is supposed to be adjustable so I dived in with the Allen keys and found the adjustment screw.

Sadly, I can only adjust the max temperature down. Despite unwinding the limit screw several turns (and a ¼ turn is supposed to increase the temperature 1c) the output temperature refused to budge. Increasing the boiler temperature makes no difference.

Am I doomed to never enjoying a good hot shower with this valve? Anyone got the same valve and managed to squeeze a hot shower out of it?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

In message , Tim+ writes

Don't have one but, suppose the temp control was by restricting the cold supply rather than increasing the hot? Plumbing issue?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Don't think so. I think it's just an over-zealous thermostatic valve that determined to protect users from enjoying a hot shower. :-(

I might take some temperatures next time and seen if it's operating within spec. If not, the manufacturer might stump up for a replacement.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

When I moved over to these it took me a bit of fiddling to get it hotter. In the last house I replaced the cartridge and I had to re position on the spindle to get it hotter (cant remember which model). Just installed a Mira L11 and I am finding that the cold `tap` influences the flow rate which is probably related to how fast the boiler can churn out hot water for the mix (just guessing) so easing back on the cold appears to make it hotter.

Reply to
ss

This any use:

Go to page 18 of PDF document.

Reply to
ss

Thanks but where do you think I got the ¼ turn per degree C figure from? ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

ok point taken :-(

I know they are different models and the assembly is different but this link is for the Mira Coda which I have installed. To increase the temp the selector has to be taken off the spindle (page 11 of link below) and physically turned round to increase the temp.

It may give you some other ideas.

ss