Shower enclosuer

I wasn't my fault that the instructions were not that clear but I have managed to install a shower cubicle incorrectly and sealed it all up with silicone sealant. What is the best way of taking the silicone sealant off, just by rubbing or can I use some type of liquid, meths etc . . . to aid my progress.

Many thanks,

neil

Reply to
neilalastiar

I've tried many, many different solvents, and the only thing that dissolves cured silicone is silicone eater (sold in the sheds and screwfix). A certain amount of mechanical remoal will still be required.

Reply to
Grunff

What was wrong with sealing it with silicone sealant?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Jones

I think he means that he put it together incorrectly and then sealed it.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

If its any consolation I did exactly the same last weekend. I've also had to order some replacement parts for the enclosure after I drilled it incorrectly. This is what you get for attempting work when you are tired and in a bad mood.

Best of luck anyway.

CM.

Reply to
Charles Middleton

Hopfully it will all come apart in reverse order. I noticed after taking a couple of showers that there is a lip on the side glass panels that the doors, when closed, fit a bit better into. Couldn't beleive how thick I was being at the time. Still if you get everything right you never learn I guess.

thanks to all who replied. And for the sympathy.

Cheers

Reply to
neilalastiar