Short storage heaters

Does anyone know of a company that supplies short storage heaters? I'm trying to find some that are less than 61cm high, but 70cm seems to be the only height available from Dimplex, Electolux et al. I thought I'd found one from AEG, but on closer translation of the German it turned out to be 3-phase! Lots of people do thin tall ones, but no one seems to do wide squat ones!

I've tried various electrical suppliers and hours trawling the net to no avail. Any info very welcome!

G.

Reply to
G.W. Walker

On 4 Oct 2005 11:53:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@eng.cam.ac.uk (G.W. Walker) scrawled:

Why does it need to be that height? Bear in mind if you're truing to cram it under something clearances are required on both sides and at the top of the unit.

Convert it then.

Reply to
Lurch

It's replacing a failed unit that is comfortably less than that height. (The old unit is about 40 years old, and aint worth fixing before someone suggests that!)

Fixing the existing is more tempting than that, to be honest. Hmm. You've got me thinking now.

Reply to
G.W. Walker