SHed Carpentry

Hi,

A trivial question, but just wondering if anyone can advice on how to replace some lower wooden timbers which have rotten on a shed wall. I have replaced the floor with some rather overly serious treated timbers.

For the supports of one wall I am cutting off the bottom foot and inserting new treated timber.

I am using a half join packed with wood glue and screw through the join.

Just wondering if anyone has any better idea of the type of join to replace the struts. Half joins are quite hard to get accurate in the middle of an allotment with a hand saw in the rain 1 hour before sunset.

I was considering a hose clip around the join to clamp it together. I am guessing this is a common job to do, is there any considered standard method?

Thanks

Reply to
hewhowalksamongus