Shed base on sloping patio

Hi, can anyone tell me the best way to build a shed on a sloping patio. the slope is not too steep perhaps a drop of about 4 inches over 14ft
On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 13:14:01 +0000, kf1313 wrote:

Regrettably, if you cannot figure out the answer to your own question you are probably not the best person to build a shed. Get someone else to do it for you.
On 13/07/2018 15:06, Mark Allread wrote:

I disagree. Few people are born with an innate ability to plan projects and use tools. This might be a very good excuse for the OP - for example, to buy an angle grinder and learn how to use it safely.
--
Robin
On 13/07/2018 15:49, Robin wrote:

A decent spirit level would probably be the first thing to buy. Time to visit the car boot sale.
On 13/07/2018 17:19, Andrew wrote:

The last car boot sale that I visited the initial prices quoted for tools was that close to that wanted by Toolsatan/Screwfix for new items.
I blame certain TV programs for raising peoples expectations on what they can get for their crap. Add a TV camera, a celebrity or two, pretend its for a good cause and/or get an "EXPERT" to value what has been purchased and suddenly you have junk worth 10 times what it cost new.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

Don’t get that here much with garage sales.
Did see it a bit at what we call clearing sales where the entire house contents are put up for auction of individual items with clapped out power tools when I was building the house in the very early 70s, but don’t see that much anymore.

Don’t see that with what Toolsatan/Screwfix flogs.
It depends so much on what the patio is made of, and what the shed uses for a floor as well. I've seen them on shuttered concrete so the level is, um level, but also some using bricks and cement. the latter tend to crack due to frost and water though. The main thing though is to decide if the concrete or slabs are firm and what you want to use the shed for. There really is not enough info about the base in existence or the shed to comment further. Brian
--
----- --
On 13/07/2018 15:06, Mark Allread wrote:

Regrettably, if you can't manage a better answer than that, you are in the wrong newsgroup.
--
Cheers,

John.
On 13/07/18 15:06, Mark Allread wrote:

That's so helpful...
On 13/07/2018 14:14, kf1313 wrote:

Just get some galvanised spurs used to support pergola posts and use and SD drill to drill through the patio at the four corners of the shed base and bed them on some mortar so that they are all level and exactly square then build your shed on these.
On 13/07/2018 15:30, Andrew wrote:

I doubt if the average shed base can be only supported on the corners so a frame to support the shed base would be required. Depending on the size of the shed additional supports for the frame may be needed mid point and/or under the interior of the shed.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 13/07/2018 16:21, alan_m wrote:

Hence my question about the floor as it currently stands.
If its battened in one direction, then making some tapered counter battens out of tannalised timber would probably be the easiest solution.
--
Cheers,

John.
On 13/07/2018 18:20, John Rumm wrote:

It doesn't. (I think)
OP said "can anyone tell me the best way to build a shed on a sloping patio"
I'm no expert, but I'm not sure that slope is enough to change the techniques very much. Shuttering all round, then pour concrete?
(after suitable preparation, hardcore, etc)
Andy
On 13/07/2018 14:14, kf1313 wrote:

What kind of base does the shed have? Does it already have a floor, and does it have bearer timbers?
--
Cheers,

John.
On 13/07/2018 15:41, John Rumm wrote:

That was my thought and make additional bearers to match the ground.
Another thought was to make his own bearers going 90degs to the ones on the shed floor, again tapered according to ground level.
I'm not sure why anyone would need an angle grinder?
On 13/07/2018 18:25, Fredxx wrote:

To grind the angles?
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 13/07/2018 18:25, Fredxx wrote:

To start with, to cut bricks or blocks to the right thickness to act as piers at intervals under bearers.
After that, the opportunities to use them just seem to seem to arise
--
Robin
On 13/07/2018 20:23, Robin wrote:

Yup, I have done that, and it quite an effective way to get a level set of wooden bearers on an uneven surface:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Building_a_log_cabin#Foundations
--
Cheers,

John.
On 13/07/2018 18:25, Fredxx wrote:

*Everyone* needs an angle grinder (also with a sanding disk).

yes
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England