Shared Drain Inspection Cover Problem

Got a problem with a shared drain. One of the inspection covers sits either side of the boundary and while it was acessible previously because there was just flower beds between the houses, the neighbour has now removed the cover, shoved some slabs over to cover it up and is building a brick wall over it to border his side off.

I've tried reasoning with the neighbour but he just doesn't care. What can I do to stop him doing this? Council seem like a waste of time. Anyone been in a similar situation?

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Shove a good wodge of old rags (if you can find some rotting outside somewhere so much the better), stones, earth etc. up the drain towards his house, if there's a drain coming into the inspection chamber from that direction.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Practical and effective.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

ROFL! but presumably a bit late now.

AIUI inspection covers are meant to be airtight for public health reasons, so if you really want to start a good neighbour feud you could probably go and rant to Environmental Health (but wait until he's completely finished the wall of course!)

You could just leave it and hope it never needs accessing. But if it does, his wall will have to come down, won't it? Does he realise that?

David

Reply to
Lobster

I dunno. If he's still bricklaying, go out at night and empty a bag or so of soft pale brown sugar into his building sand - mix it in a bit to disguise it. Also, when the muck in the wall is still soft, put a wrecking bar into a joint, and lever it apart a fraction, then let it settle back. Bodge up the pointing with a bit of dropped muck.

Oh - trick or treat? Too late....

Reply to
Chris Bacon