Seventeenth edition again

You can add comments directly to document and send back to them :)

Reply to
Tim Morley

I don't remember specs for car towing sockets being in the 16th (page 210)

Reply to
Tim Morley

Hm, sorry about that, same boat here: V5 full version installed and as yet never found a serious need to have a later version. (I really ought to upgrade to a later full version)

iText development suite for example... (handy the number of things it can ignore (PDF restrictions, protection etc) ;-)

Gobble, a bit, but not too bad. A couple of virtual Win MCE systems running on a Win MCE system took some 1300MB RAM. That was allocating

256MB to each VM - although the software actually suggests allocating only 128MB for WinXP. Speed however seems not far off full speed. Disk IO is a tad slower when accessing a hard file - but overall very usable.

I just did a quick test: on my Athlon 64 x2 plaform, the commit charge was running at 662MB (had been running some heavy stuff previously). Starting the VM maager added 5MB. Booting a complete VM into MCE took it up to 938MB. So the actual footprint over and above that which is allocated to the VM looks like it is only 20MB.

All in all pretty impressive I thought (remember that this was something MS bought from connectix rather than developed themselves;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Their margins on the electronic version I expect!

Could be added to scanned copies of the missing pages though I expect, which would go along way toward having a machine readable version.

Reply to
John Rumm

You can do that in 5.0

Reply to
John Rumm

You can add comments directly, but that's only for your benefit. They will only take comments back in the format given on their website, which is on a different form.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Can you print it? (i.e. is printing allowed when you open it in Acrobat Reader?) If so it's pretty trivial to store it in a format which won't 'expire'.

Reply to
tinnews

Indeed but then non-Windows, non-Intel computers have plenty of other good, fast, free and small ways of viewing PDF's...

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

Have you found one that will open that file?

Reply to
Adam Funk

Well no! Because it's encrypted using Adobe's proprietary DRM...

I wasn't at any point suggesting that it could read *this* file - my response was to the previous post by 'Huge' where he said:- "Open Office writes pdf files quite adequately. Guess I'll have to find a reader."

Regards,

Steve

Reply to
stevelup