Services under garden/garage etc.

I am negotiating, slowly, to buy a bit of land adjacent to my garden, at present a private drive, which at present has gas electricity and water services running down it. I will have to dig out three feet at one end and nothing at the other. I will buy it if possible to improve security.

A developer will shortly build houses on the land at the end of the drive.

I understand that I will need "change of use" planning permission to make it part of my garden.

What are the rules about putting garages, hardstanding/carport for my caravan, over gas, water and electrical services. The developer will almost certainly put in new services for the dozen houses. The local authority web site says that I do not need planning permission to build a garage in my garden.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Contact your local REC as far as the electic is concerned. It`ll be a chargeable job though in my experience.

Reply to
Colin Wilson