Seperating a pump from it's motor - help please

Hi, I have a swimming pool type pump, actually from a hot tub - no inbuilt filter but you get the idea. The motor has gone partial short circuit so I need to get the motor rewound. My issue is I can not see any obvious way to remove the plastic based pump casing from the motor housing.

In the good old days a motor had a shaft with a key and it just slid on and off. This may be the case with this set up but there is no place to put a puller or any shaft lock nut that I can see.

Has anyone come across this before and can shed any light?

The Motor is an ITT Marlow Type 80/2 ITT No. 00456 The pump is marked Hydro air ITT Industries J250SC

Any enlightenment received with thanks :)

...I've googled without any luck.

TIA

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

inbuilt

based pump

You may well find it best to supply your rewinder with the assembly as he will have the appropriate equipment to hand, and can get it all back togther after rewinding.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Or refuse to take the job. (It's a perfectly sand business choice.)

Reply to
Aidan Karley

replying to Kevin, Rodders NZ wrote: I have exactly the same problem with the same pump/motor.

Did you have any success?

Rod

Reply to
Rodders NZ

We haven't seen him in what, 9 years? Get a sensible newsgroup client:

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr