Selling House Bricks?

Hi,
I have a 5ft x 20ft garden wall built using bricks about 15 years old.
After I have dismantled the wall is it worth trying to sell the brick if so about how much I am likely to get for them?
or should I just take them to the local tip?
Thanks
-- jawa
jawa Wrote:

Hi Jawa
If the bricks are decorative and difficult to get hold of you may b able to clean tham up and sell them.
If the bricks are common bricks you may still get a few quid or ge them removed for free by selling them as hardcore, some firms collec the bricks and crush them, then sell it as hardcore.
Good luc
-- weekendwarrior
On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:18:21 +0100, weekendwarrior

Or sell em on eBay?
http://tinyurl.com/agrlg
All the best .. ;-)
T i m
jawa wrote:

Heh! I thought they where house bricks? ;-)
To the tip.
jawa wrote:

Alternatively, you might want to post them onto your local Freecycle group. Freecycle, in case you're not aware of it, is a great idea. You post what you want to dispose of, and people respond if they want it. No fees, either way. You'd be amazed at what turns up there - sometimes you do get junk, but most often it's stuff that people simply don't use, need or want any more. I recently picked up an iMac from my local one, which is fantastic!
Here's the link: http://www.freecycle.org/display.php?region=International
Scroll down to the bottom for the UK, then choose your most local club. HTH.
--
Dave Jennings

jawa wrote:

Depends on what they are, and how clean you can get them. Bricks from walls made with lime mortar are easy to clean with a big bolster and a bit of time... if it's cement adhering well, maybe not worth the effort! 10-15p each maybe.
snipped-for-privacy@news.diybanter.com says...

You could try offering the wall for free collection - buyer dismantles :-)