Security light with PIR?

I'm looking for a 1st floor patio light with PIR to replace the blinding one I have now. Any online vendors?

anon

Try inserting a less powerfull bulb. If 500w go for a 300w. Big difference.

Reply to
IMM

And if that's still a bit on the bright side, you can also get a 150w, although this will entail the purchase of a new smaller fitting. Regards. Mike.

Reply to
Mike James

You can also get the PIR bit standalone - then you can chose any light fittings you want and have them controlled by the PIR. I found that ordinary bulkhead lights with 60W bulbs work well in this situation - far less "in your face" than a large halogens.

Reply to
John Rumm

and 2 or 3 fittings look far nicer than one, and are very cheap these days.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Screwfix have a bulkhead lamp that has a dim setting for dusk to dawn illumination plus PIR controlled full brightness. Limited to 60W ES bulb but much more pleasant than even 300W of halogen. I've only seen them in the Screfix catalogue - cost sub £20. I have a couple and am very pleased with them.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage