sealing & terminating a virgin cable connection

Thanks for helpful answers to previous posts, it now decided BT is the way to go for b/band once I have moved. That means an existing internal Virgin box connection needs moving & sealing to protect it from building work. A ny suggestions for a weatherproof box please?
The virgin cable arrives (out of the ground) outside at a connection box wi th a grey cover fixed to the house wall. What looks like the b/band coax t hen goes thru the wall into a white service box.
As that wall will be replastered, I need to move this box outside into a pe rmanent weatherproof box next to the grey box.
Any suggestions for a suitable box please?
(I wish to retain the physical connection to keep my future options open)
Sorry if that's a bit long winded...hope you see what I mean..
TIA
It's very low-tech, but I once used a small Tupperware-type container for this sort of purpose, with the cable entering through a rubber grommet (with the smallest opening feasible), itself sealed (possibly unnecessarily) with silicone.
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 10:13:33 -0700 (PDT), jim wrote:

Why do you need to shift it outside? Just take it off the wall and stuff it in a plastic bag if you want to keep the plaster dust and/or plaster splashes of it. Once the wall has been replastered fix it back.
--
Cheers
Dave.
"Dave Liquorice" < snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com> wrote in message

Remove the lid from the box on the wall outside and remove the cables that run inside (the coax will unscrew and the phone can be pulled out or chopped off). Remove box inside the house and bin it. It was never there if the virgin engineer asks in years to come (they won't care).
Fill hole, paint over it. A while ago it was worth keeping the coax as it carried good quality FM radio signal. Suspect that's long since stopped :-(
Darren
On Sunday, 13 October 2013 19:47:27 UTC+1, D.M.Chapman wrote:

Provided nothing on it is worth keeping just turn the it'snotcoax back down the hole it came from. Give them enough to play with and forget it was ever there. Why should it be your problem?
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 18:47:27 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@auk.kent.ac.uk (D.M.Chapman) wrote:

This is the way to deal with it. Unless you have the appropriate security screwdriver, you will be breaking the box inside to get it off the wall anyway.
On 13/10/2013 21:00, Ericp wrote:

All the ones I have seen have been screwed on with normal screws, and the external box closed and "locked" with a cable tie.
--
Toby...
Remove your pants to reply

Just leave it alone its there property and they if their concerned will look after it.
What's made you mind up to go to BT anyway if you mean ADSL there are other better providers out there inc VM. We've got the choice here and the VM system works fine:)..
As best of all we don't have to deal with BT:)..
--
Tony Sayer

On Monday, October 14, 2013 10:46:54 AM UTC+1, tony sayer wrote:

ay to go

with a

n goes

/////>

SFAIUI the underground cabling to the house is VM or BT & whilst VM promote fairly high bandwidths, that is only download speed. VM upload speed is on ly 5mbs. BT is 55mbs up/18mbs down.
Some/all BT based current offers make no charge for a new house connection from the street.
Then once at the front door the BT option allows you a feast of ISPs to cho ose from.
The VM indoor box will be in the way of the new plastered wall which BRegs say need to be better insulated thus sticks out further away from the wall. Also I prefer to keep my options open & have a clear wall for now. Anywa y, I might be glad of the option of returning to VM in the future. Who kno ws?
Still looking for that box....
Thanks for the replies
We've got the choice here and

We've got the 30 meg service and have had that for some 2 years now and in all that time I can't say the 2 odd meg up has been a problem at all. The down, around a house full gazing at iplayer on Skype etc and no problems with that lot either. I believe for little more we can have a 100 meg or possibly more but I wonder if we really need it..
And they chuck in a phone line for less than net alone..

A lot do now its getting a shade more competitive these days..

Indeed..

Well keep both on the go.. We can soon get Fibre but the VM service has been excellent and best of all No BT involvement anywhere:)..
I'd at the moment would give my right arm for a consistent 500 K service at an out in the sticks location but sadly I don't think cable/ fibre will ever get there:(...
--
Tony Sayer

On 13/10/2013 18:13, jim wrote:

If it is an internal box ... probably not rated for external use