Connect BT phone to Virgin socket

We've switched phone from Virgin to Sky/BT, we've got socket V (Virgin) in living room, which works & connects to the extension upstairs plus a second socket B (BT) at the opposite end of the room which has now been activated and is working. The two sockets B and V have a cable running between them, but this has been disconnected at the V socket by the Virgin bloke, and he's connected 2 Virgin wires inside the box. Basically, it was all BT at some point, but Virgin appropriated this BT socket for their own line which comes through the wall from outside.

Now I'm trying to rewire socket V to get rid of Virgin phone line and connect this socket via the existing cabling to the working BT socket, but obviously the insides of the boxes are different, and I don't know how many wires I need to connect, and which ones. It only has 2 wires connected at present to the terminal with 3 connectors; (the Virgin line is a white wire with green dashes and a green wire with white dashes with the middle one empty), but trying the same 2 colours from the BT line doesn't work. The sockets are different so even the terminal numbers don't correspond.

Does anyone know what goes where, or can point me in the direction of a guide please? All I know is that it *used* to work fine until Virgin came along and buggered with it.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

Call Virgin and tell them you're not paying their bill until they correct the fault their workman caused?

There'll be a BT expert along shortly, no doubt.

Reply to
John Williamson

The Virgin socket was working fine, but now we've switched back to BT and want to put it back the way it was, with the Virgin socket connected straight to the BT one so they both work on BT. The Virgin bloke did what we asked, which was to install Virgin onto that particular socket, but he disconnected the BT one from it and now I can't re-connect them without knowing what was where.

I will probably call a BT engineer but I thought it would be a straightforward job. Never is though, is it?

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8