Sealant Guns -Anyone got one of these?

Thanks for the further explanation Brian.

The bit I was missing is the fact that you can expand and contract the piston by rotating its shaft.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Thus creating a powerful vacuum, which implodes the empty part of the tube.... :o)

Reply to
Steve Walker

No, they only have half-an-inch or so of "suck" before they lose it. OK for clearing a nozzle, but you can't empty a cartridge with it. They also (IMHE) have trouble with cardboard tubes, like Gripfill.

At least they're better than the aluminium tube and plastic screwed endcap design, as sold by Axminster for their white electric mastic gun. A hearty squeeze on one of those snaps the endcap in two! (replacements come from Lidl for a quid or two).

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Exactly what I was thinking.

With my cheapo frame type gun I just press the tit on the plunger withdrawal mechanism to release any pressure and that stops the contents of the cartridge from dribbling out of the end of the nozzle.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Nah, you want to get yourself the turbo charged remote control version :-)

Reply to
Stuart Noble