Seal self-cutting tap

I'm sure there's only one answer to this, but I've got a self-cut tap for an outside tap kit on the cold water feed to my boiler. Its past its best, and I'd like to remove.

How would one go about sealing the self cut hole? Presumably only real option is to cut out the section of pipe and replace with new pipe? Is this a job for push-fit? Of course, I could just leave well alone!

Matt

Reply to
larkim

Its entirely possible to replace it with a new one reusing the same hole if thats what you want. I've done it a few times, just a matter of lining up the cutting bit with the existing hole.

Use a pipe repair coupling

about an inch out of the pipe where the hole is & slip it on. Simples!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If you have room to move one of the pipes by an inch or so (needed during fitting) .. cut it and use a simple Hep20 slimfit push fit fitting

Reply to
Rick Hughes