Screwfix Trade Counters - how do they work?

The Cambridge store does not carry the bigger items (they told me). Big stuff is sent by post, so for that there is no advantage in going to the counter - the delivery charge is the same as via the internet.

The staff here were polite happy and friendly.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Laws

One other point further to all the other replies - if you wish to return anything purchased at a trade counter they insist you take it back to that counter rather than collect in the normal way. This once caused me a bit of a problem.

Peter

Reply to
PJK

You don't mean - they have an Elizabeth Duke section????

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

As good as....

Stock codes 34071, 32712 for example

Reply to
Andy Hall

I thought you were going to suggest...

;-)

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Gwan, share it with us ;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Seems a bit harsh on the Council though, if you tell them to use their own postcode they might just get the message that their spamming is unwelcome . . . . . well we can all dream I s'pose.

Reply to
fred

Steve Firth

The wouldn't be fair on olive. She hasn't done anything.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Does any one have the tel no. for the Cambridge store? I tried to get it from the web and from screwfix but they cannot give it out!

The item I want is not available through mail order (sold out) but might be in a store but Screwfix can't check on their system or even find out for me. Not impressed with the customer service on this issue.

Reply to
matthewrowntree

I'm not really surprised - there's probably no procedure in place for answering phone calls at the counters. And I'd not be happy if I had to wait while a checkout person answered the phone.

But you'd have though their central computer would have an idea of stock held at each branch - although it might not be updated immediately. Even Maplin manage this. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So I noticed yesterday do B&Q. It told me no store within 50miles had the required item(s). Never mind, the local Machine Mart had a choice, not to mention their staff are much more informed than many at B&Q. I went in a couple of months ago for a set of needle files, couldn't find any, asked and the guy cracked open a box that had come in that day and apologised profusely that they hadn't figured out where to display them.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

In message , snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com writes

Despite the policy, if you speak nicely to the staff at the trade counter, they'll give you a card with their number on. It's called the Key Customer Telephone Number. I Use it all the time as the trade counter is the other side of town.

Reply to
Phil