Screwfix do not repair tools or machinery !!!!!

Hi ,

A friend of mine rang screwfix today to ask about repairing some power tools. He was suprised to hear they do not have a workshop for repairing tools etc. Can anyone recomend anywhere which doas repairs. Thanks very much ,

Fred .

Reply to
fredtoad

Why would he imagine in his wildest dreams that a warehousing operation would have a workshop for repairs?

If it is one of their own brand tools and in warranty they will replace it. If it is out of warranty, he might as well chuck it in the bin and either buy another cheap one or next time buy a branded tool which can be repaired.

If it is a branded product, then again within the manufacturer's warranty they should replace, otherwise he should contact the manufacturer for details of a service centre.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Where are you in the country? There is an excellent place in Southend essex called marshall and parsons

Reply to
mrcheerful

Ferm tools can be repaired - or at least you can get spare parts from the manufacturers.

When I did a bad thing with my mitre saw I was able to get new plastic bits for the blade guard to replace the ones I destroyed.

Very helpful people too.

Cheers Dave R

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts